Clare Middle SchoolPrincipal Steve Newkirk
Clare Middle School
209 East State St. Clare, MI 48617
Phone: (989) 386.9979 Fax: (989) 386.4008
CMS School Improvement Plans:If you would like to view the school improvement plan that was constructed by teachers and stake holders in the Clare Community, please click on the school improvement tab on the left side. The last 4 years of school improvement plans are available to down load and read over.
CMS PARENT AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT PLAN
CMS is committed to getting more parent and community involvement occuring during the school year and school day. Please click on the parent involvement plan link below to view how we plan to accomplish this. If you would like to volunteer to help students and staff during the day and have the time, please contact the office to obtain the documentation needed.
Clare Middle School now has a 24 hour attendance line. You will be able to call in at anytime and excuse your student from school. Parents can also use this line to excuse absences at Clare High School. The attendance line number is: 386-1246
If you would like to get a glimpse of what the teachers and students are doing at CMS, visit the principals blog to see pictures and read information regarding all of the neat things that happen at CMS. You can access the blog by clicking on the link in the left menu. This blog is updated on a weekly basis during the school year, and is the most accurate location for upcoming events and happenings at CMS.CMS HandbookIf you would like to view a copy of the CMS handbook, you can open and down load a copy by clicking on the PDF file below.
CMS Bullying Procedures
What you should do if you or someone you know is being bullied.
1) Report the bullying incident to an adult and ask to go to the RTC for a student statement paper.
2) Ask to complete a student statement paper. These papers can be obtained from the RTC or the counseling office.
a. By completing a student statement paper you will be providing the school with the information necessary to investigate the incident and take measures if needed.
b. The student statement paper will ask you where the incident happened, who was involved, what happened, and who else may have seen or heard what happened.
c. Once the students statement paper has been filled out and turned in, witnesses will be called to fill out a statement paper as well. By filling these statements out, the school will have all of the information regarding the incident and will be in a position to deal with the incident.d. Students names are not shared with anyone. The only staff members who will see the papers are the RTC coordinator, the counselor, and the principal.
3) If you witness an incident, please report it.
4) Clare Middle School takes bullying very seriously and will deal with it if we are informed about it. Many times incidents occur and we are not made aware of them until the situation gets out of hand.
5) We need your help, please help us help your child enjoy their time at Clare Middle School and take advantage of the opportunities we are able to present to them.